Juvederm VOLUMA™ is the new exciting, and only filler, specifically approved by the FDA, to lift the cheek and restore facial volume and cheek contour lost with aging. With time, the deep fat pad that sits directly on the cheek bone and is responsible for a full rounded full cheek, thins and atrophies.
** All photos below are courtesy of Allergan
VOLUMA™, with its special VYCROSS technology is a hyaluronic acid product with superior lift, that is injected over the cheek bone to lift the cheek to restore lost volume, to re-contour and to refill cheeks flattened by aging. One or two sessions are all that is needed for fuller cheeks that can that last for up to two years.
Side Effects observed during the clinical trial included mild-to-moderate tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps and bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching that lasted for up to a few weeks.
VOLUMA™ is the best alternative to facial fat injections, as it is non surgical and long lasting. Specifically designed for mid face and cheek enhancement, VOLUMA™ instantly adds cheek volume, lift and recontours the cheek, without surgery or down time.
Dr. Binstock is excited to offer the VOLUMA™ solution. He has extensive facial re-voluminization experience, and has been performing facial fat injections for more than 20 years, as well as using Juvederm Ultra, Restylane, Sculptra, and Radiesse for facial rejuvenation.
Aesthetic Dermatology and Dr. Binstock are pleased to offer VOLUMA™, the new FDA approved solution for simple long-lasting cheek lifting and mid face countering.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to the proteins (gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make the hyaluronic acid (HA) in these products. Do not use JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC if you are allergic to lidocaine.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gels for use during pregnancy or in women who are breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC for use in patients under 18 years and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC for patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® XC for treatment of areas other than facial wrinkles and folds (such as lips) have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC for treatment in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied, and use may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC in patients with very thin skin in the cheek area and the safety of repeat treatments in patients has not been studied
- There is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if laser procedures and chemical peeling are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC
What are possible side effects?
For JUVÉDERM® XC, most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and last 7 days or less. The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration.
For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC, side effects are moderate (uncomfortable), and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
As with all skin-injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-624-4261.
For more information, please see the About Safety page at www.juvederm.com or call the Allergan Medical Information line at 1-800-433-8871.
JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gels are available by prescription only.
I've been seeing this Doctor for years now and I highly recommend him. He is..."“Always amazing, good service”
Before I got Botox, people thought that I was angry because it looked as if..."I love the way it takes away the frown lines
“This letter is to inform you of my satisfaction with your..."Thank you for your skillful services with injectables
FemTouch is the perfect alternative for women that cannot (or do not want to)..."The procedure itself is quick and totally painless…
Getting older is not always fun. Aches and pains become part of your day. The..."Having gone through the process, I highly recommend both procedures.
“I do sincerely thank you for being such an excellent surgeon..."Thank you for being such an excellent surgeon
“Dr. Binstock always takes the time to listen. I love the..."Takes the time to listen
“Dr. Binstock was gentle, careful, thorough, meticulous, and caring. I felt I received whatever time..."Gentle, careful, thorough, meticulous, and caring
How are you feeling after the cool sculpt on friday? A bit swollen but fine..."Feeling after the coolsculpting
“It’s not just that other people noticed the results – as in individual, it inspired..."Jeani
View before & after photos
of various procedures.
Request a Consultation
Request consultation with Dr. Binstock: click the button to the right.